AXA XL Risk Consulting is looking for a qualified Property Risk Consultant, as a member of the APAC & Europe Business Unit. Based in Italy (Milan office), the role will support:
- Underwriters’ colleagues in the assessment of risks AXA XL is insuring;
- Local and global clients in the identification, evaluation, anticipation, and prevention of property risks.
AXA XL Risk Consulting, relying on its international network of more than 300 risk consultants, located in more than 25 countries, speaking more than 20 languages, today serves globally more than 2,000 clients from various industry sectors.
Leveraging quality of our engineering expertise and our long-standing experience across multiple industry sectors, we have an ambition to develop innovative and new risk engineering approaches, dedicated risk modelling tools across multiple risk domains, and proprietary platforms and IT solutions for our clients. We serve all type of mid-market and corporate businesses, whether they are insured or not insured by AXA XL.
This position requires application of strong technical background and practical experience to identify and mitigate property and Nat Cat risk exposures for a broad range of project types and customers.
DISCOVER your opportunity
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Conducting onsite visits to assess property loss control and Nat Cat exposures.
- Develop detailed reports to relay conditions and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Analyze building construction, fire protection features, process operations and special hazards.
- Provide technical consultation and plan review of fire protection systems, fire alarms, construction, etc.
- Demonstrate the value of risk engineering services by building credibility and creating strong customer satisfaction.
- Working directly with clients to improve their property risk profile.
- This position will service Italian and EU territory and support insured and non-insured clients.
- Travel is anticipated to be around 50%
You will report to Risk Consulting Manager – Italy.
SHARE your talent
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Chemical or Mechanic or Electric or Civil Engineering degree.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Italian and English are essential.
- Two- three years’ experience on industry fields or Risk Consulting
- Strong working knowledge of fire protection or willingness to learn.
- Ability to apply industry experience to a broad range of customers and projects
- Consult effectively on a broad range of property risk controls, and the ability to identify exposures/assess complex risks is required.
- The successful candidate will listen effectively and make sound assessments/conclusions based on review of written procedures, documents, discussions, and observations.
- Make technical information and recommendations understandable to a broad range of audiences.
- Communicate effectively with broad range of underwriting and customer partners.
- Preferably knowledge of local and international fire protection standards, e.g. NFPA, FMDS etc.
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter, continually looking towards individual development. Must be capable of managing his/her schedule and resources, continually assessing workload considering business priorities, and directing his/her own efforts accordingly while working in a remote work environment.
- Work collaboratively as part of a team, proactively across lines of business, and effectively with internal and external partners on special projects and furthering industry and business goals.
- Valid driver’s license required.